Afro-academic, Cultural, Technological, Scientific Olympics (ACT-SO)
Saturday, March 23, 2024 [?] (registration)
Saturday, April 13, 2024 [?] (poster session)
|STEM||Visual Arts||Performing Arts||Humanities|
|Architecture||Drawing||Dance, Ballet||Music Composition|
|Biology & Microbiology||Filmmaking||Dance, Contemporary||Original Essay|
|Chemistry & Biochemistry||Painting||Dance, Modern||Playwriting|
|Computer Science||Photography||Dance, Traditional||Poetry, Written|
|Earth & Space Science||Sculpture||Dramatics||Short Story|
|Engineering||Music, Instrumental, Classical|
|Mathematics||Music, Instrumental, Contemporary||Business|
|Medicine & Health||Music, Vocal, Classical||Entrepreneurship|
|Physics||Music, Vocal, Contemporary|
|Poetry, Performance||Culinary Arts|
- The Afro-academic, Cultural, Technological, Scientific Olympics (ACT-SO) is an "Olympics of the Mind" sponsored by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). All seniors should seriously consider participating in a STEM category and may also participate in another category. Students may compete in up to 3 categories.
- The STEM competition consists of a research report and poster session (and paperwork of course). Submit your paper and supporting materials via email before Saturday, March 23, 2024 [?].
- The New York City ACT-SO will be held on Saturday, April 13, 2024 [?] at George Wingate High School [?]. Lunch is provided.
- The awards ceremony will be held on Monday, May 6, 2024 [?]at St. Francis College in Brooklyn.
- Gold medal winners move on to the National ACT-SO at the NAACP National Convention July 13–17, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.