Regeneron Science Talent Search
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 (research paper)
- Students are encouraged to enter this competition for extra credit (and to reduce their obligations in January).
- This competition is a combination of a research paper and something similar to a college application (personal essays, letters of recommendation, transcripts, standardized test scores, and lots of short answer questions).
- Obtain a pdf copy of the rules and instructions from the Society for Science and the Public.
- Register and begin the application process in front of your supervising teacher at Apply Yourself during September or October.
- This application has multiple parts
- Personal Info
- Essay Questions – This includes an abstract and layperson's summary (a.k.a. executive summary).
- Project Recommendation – Your mentor does this part.
- Teacher Recommendation – Your supervising teacher does this part.
- Counselor Recommendation (a.k.a. Secondary School Report) – Mr. Elert will notify the College Office on your behalf. This really isn't a "recommendation" in the traditional sense.
- Official School Transcript – Mr. Elert will take care of this.
- A research paper.
- And for those who need it vertebrate animals, human participants, IRB, informed consent, etc.
- The entire process for students is done electronically. There are no paper documents. Save a copy of the final application pdf and submit it to Mr. Elert via sneakernet.
- The deadline for entry is
Wednesday, November 15, 2017. You must provide proof to your supervising teacher that you have met this deadline and completed the application process before the end of the school day
Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
- The 300 Scholars will be announced on
Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
- The 40 Finalists will be announced on
Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
|Mr. Elert (Coordinator)
|Mr. McDonnell (Principal)
|Ms. Kornaker (Assistant Principal)
|Mr. Rosenfeld (Assistant Principal)