Assignment 0: Official Documents
- You will give us …
- your email address (use this form) so that we can contact you and so that email from you does not wind up in anyone's spam mailbox. If you have multiple email accounts, please send your message using the one with the most professional sounding user name. Notify me in a timely fashion if you wish to change your preferred email address. Your email address will only be used by research teachers and school administrators. We will not share your email address with anyone else without your permission.
- a signed contract that covers the following legal matters …
- parent release: so that you can leave the building to work at your research site, attend lectures, and participate in competitions and other special events.
- electronic communication agreement: so that we can communicate effectively with a class that is scattered across the city. You give us your email address so we can contact you and you agree to check your email inbox and the class website at least once each school day for messages from us.
- science research room usage agreement: so that you can use the facilities in the research room (A214) during your free periods. This covers access to the computers, printers, microwave ovens, and (for the seniors) lab drawers.
- photo release: so that we can use your name, likeness (photos, videos, etc.), and excerpts from your work (titles, abstracts, graphs, diagrams, etc.) to publicize your accomplishments on school controlled webpages and social media accounts.
- proof of lab assignment when you find a place to work, so that you are eligible for 1.05 weighting on your class rank, and student MetroCards.
- We will give you …
- a letter of introduction (for any work site that asks for one)
- a Brooklyn College Library Card (for anyone who wants one)
- MetroCards (once you are accepted into a work site)