New York City Science and Engineering Fair (NYCSEF)
Friday, December 11, 2020 [?] (research paper)
Sunday, March 8, 2021 [?] (poster session)
- Students in this class must enter and participate in this event.
- Register online in November when instructed by your supervising teacher.
- Read the rules and guidelines to ensure your application will be accepted.
- Begin filling out the application forms as soon as possible. Your "Research Plan" from junior year is now called the "Project Summary" and is written inpast tense.
- Make the necessary paper copies of your application and research paper including one copy for our records. Use one of the high volume photocopiers with a document feeder in room A200 (Biology Office) or A300 (Physical Science Office). Use the color printer in the Research Room only for pages with color.
- Materials will be collected for shipping on Thursday, December 10, 2020 [?]. Mr. Elert will deliver them to the CUNY K16 offices on the 3rd Floor of 16 Court Street the next day — Friday, December 11, 2020 [?].
- This year's Preliminary Round for all students will be held on Sunday, March 8, 2021 [?] at t.b.d.. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
- The top 25 percent of student researchers from each subject category will be invited to participate in the Finals Round Thursday, March 18, 2021 [?] in the t.b.d.. Lunch is provided.
- The Awards Ceremony follows on Friday, March 26, 2021 [?] in the Gerald W. Lynch Theater at John Jay College [?]
- 10–20 students will be selected to represent New York City at the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Virtual Realms May 17–21, 2021 [?].