New York City Science and Engineering Fair (NYCSEF)
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 (research paper)
Sunday, March 3, 2019 (poster session)
- Students in this class must enter and participate in this event.
- Register online in November when instructed by your supervising teacher.
- Read the rules and guidelines to ensure your application will be accepted.
- Begin filling out the application forms as soon as possible. Your "Research Plan" from junior year is now called the "Project Summary" and is written inpast tense.
- Make the necessary paper copies of your application and research paper including one copy for our records. Use one of the high volume photocopiers with a document feeder in room A200 (Biology Office) or A300 (Physical Science Office). Use the color printer in the Research Room only for pages with color.
- Materials will be collected for shipping on Tuesday, December 11, 2018. Mr. Elert will deliver them to the CUNY K–16 offices on the 3rd Floor of 16 Court Street the next day — Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
- This year's Preliminary Round for all students will be held on Sunday, March 3, 2019 in Shepard Hall at City College. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
- The top 25 percent of student researchers from each subject category will be invited to participate in the Finals Round Tuesday, March 19, 2019 in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Science at the American Museum of Natural History. Lunch is provided.
- The Awards Ceremony follows on Monday, March 25, 2019 at the Gerald W. Lynch Theater at John Jay College .
- 10–20 students will be selected to represent New York City at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Phoenix, Arizona May 12–17, 2019.