New York City Science and Engineering Fair (NYCSEF)
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 (research paper)
Sunday, March 4, 2018 (poster session)
- Students in this class must enter and participate in this event.
- Read the rules and guidelines to ensure your application will be accepted.
- Begin filling out the application forms as soon as possible. Use the Quick Guide tool to help you identify which forms you will need to submit with your application. The "Research Plan" is now called the "Project Summary".
- NYCSEF will be running a new online registration system in November. Register soon after the new system goes live. All forms will be submitted through the online interface — even those that are written on paper.
- Make the necessary paper copies of your application and research paper including one copy for our records. Use one of the high volume photocopiers with a document feeder in room A200 (Biology Office) or A300 (Physical Science Office). If you are including color graphs, illustrations, or photographs you will have to make the necessary copies yourself.
- Materials will be collected for shipping on
Tuesday, December 12, 2017. Mr. Elert will deliver them to the College Now offices on the 3rd Floor of 16 Court Street the next day —
Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
- This year's Preliminary Round for all students will be held on
Sunday, March 4, 2018 in Shepard Hall at City College.
- The top 25 percent of student researchers from each subject category will be invited to participate in the Finals Round
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Science at the American Museum of Natural History.
- The Awards Ceremony follows 3 days later on
Monday, March 26, 2018 in the
Tribeca Performing Arts Center at Borough of Manhattan Community College.
- Approximately twenty students will be selected to represent New York City at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in
May 13–18, 2018.
|Mr. Elert (Coordinator)
|Mr. McDonnell (Principal)
|Ms. Kornaker (Assistant Principal)
|Mr. Rosenfeld (Assistant Principal)