Preparing for NYCSEF
Assignment 6: Visit NYCSEF
The New York City Science and Engineering Fair will be held Sunday, March 3, 2019 at City College in Hamilton Heights, Manhattan. Juniors and Sophomores will attend from 2:00–4:00 PM during the public viewing period. Attendance is taken by photograph and signature. Look for the officially designated student monitor(s).
- Find 3 projects while public viewing is underway. Pick projects that you like or are interested in. Read some of the board on your own and interview the student(s) responsible.
- Record the project title and answer the following 4 questions.
- What events or objects were studied?
- What data about these events or objects were collected?
- What conclusion did the student make?
- Why is this research important?
- Every student observer at NYCSEF is expected to interview a unique set of participants. There will be approximately 500 projects at this event, so there is no reason why there should be any overlap. If you go with a friend, the two of you must analyze different projects.
- Type up the responses to your interview questions and submit them to your supervising teacher on Monday, March 4, 2019. Be prepared to discuss your visit at your next meeting.