Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS)
Friday, November 21, 2014 [est.] (research paper) — Sunday, February 8, 2015 [est.] (presentation)
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- This competition is limited to 6 projects. Selected seniors may enter for extra credit. Team projects are allowed, but only one member of the team will present. Any other members of the team must be present as observers. Presenters will receive extra credit. Observers will receive "partial extra credit".
- The New York City Metro JSHS is sponsored by York College in Jamaica, Queens. The competition has two parts: a research paper and a PowerPoint presentation.
- Deadline to submit applications and upload documents is Friday, November 21, 2014 [est.].
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the symposium. Presenters will rehearse in front of teachers in February.
- The Symposium will be held at York College Sunday, February 8, 2015 [est.] from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- The top students at the NYC JSHS move on to compete in the National JSHS April 22–26, 2015 [est.] in Location T.B.D..
- The top students in the national JSHS move on to compete in the London International Youth Science Forum (LISYF) in August.