Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS)
Friday, November 22, 2013 (research paper) — Sunday, February 9, 2014 (presentation)
- This competition is limited to 6 projects. Selected seniors may enter for extra credit. Team projects are allowed, but only one member of the team will present. Any other members of the team must be present as observers. Presenters will receive extra credit. Observers will receive "partial extra credit".
- The New York City Metro JSHS is sponsored by York College in Jamaica, Queens. The competition has two parts: a research paper and a PowerPoint presentation.
- Deadline to submit applications and upload documents is Friday, November 22, 2013.
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the symposium. Presenters will rehearse in front of teachers in February.
- The Symposium will be held at York College Sunday, February 9, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- The top students at the NYC JSHS move on to compete in the National JSHS April 23–27, 2014 in Washington, DC.
- The top students in the national JSHS move on to compete in the London International Youth Science Forum (LISYF) in August.
|teachers ||office ||em ||ail ||extension |
|Mr. Elert (Coordinator) ||A214 ||elert@ ||midwoodscience.org ||2141 |
|Ms. Mosley ||A317 ||mosley.chem@ ||gmail.com ||3172 or 3173 |
|Ms. Roehrich ||A317 ||midwoodes@ ||gmail.com ||3172 or 3173 |
|Ms. Ross ||A214 ||jross17@ ||schools.nyc.gov ||2141 |
|Ms. Sullivan ||A214 ||jsullivanbio@ ||gmail.com ||2141 |
|administrators ||office ||em ||ail ||extension |
|Mr. McDonnell (Principal) ||127 ||mmcdonn2@ ||schools.nyc.gov ||1270 or 8511 |
|Mr. Rosenfeld (AP Biology) ||A200 ||trosenf@ ||schools.nyc.gov ||2003 |