Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS)
Sunday, November 19, 2017 (research paper)
Sunday, February 4, 2018 (presentation)
- Seniors who have completed a research paper before the application deadline may enter this competition for extra credit. The competition has two parts: a research paper and a PowerPoint presentation.
- Team projects are allowed, but only one member of the team will present. Any other members of the team must attend as observers. Presenters will receive more credit than observers. All team members are responsible for contributing to the research paper equally.
- Deadline to submit applications and upload documents is
Sunday, November 19, 2017. Applications are done online and have the following basic components:
- Name, contact, and other info about the presenter
- Research paper
- Parental consent form
- Supervising scientist form
- "Call for papers" form
- Human subjects form (if applicable)
- Biography of the presenter
- Photo of the presenter
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the symposium. Presenters will rehearse in January. The Symposium will be held at York College in Jamaica, Queens
Sunday, February 4, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- The top students at the NYC Metro JSHS move on to compete in the National JSHS
May 2–5, 2018 in
Hunt Valley, Maryland.
|Mr. Elert (Coordinator)
|Mr. McDonnell (Principal)
|Ms. Kornaker (Assistant Principal)
|Mr. Rosenfeld (Assistant Principal)