Join the World Science Festival for an exploration of groundbreaking discoveries, encounters with the trailblazing scientists, and youth and family events that will inspire the next generation. The 2019 Festival returns to the 5 boroughs with over 70 events at more than 20 venues spanning 6 days (Tuesday, May 28 – Sunday, June 2).
Volunteers are the heart and soul of the festival, serving as a welcoming face to visitors and providing support to the many production teams. To be a part of the largest celebration of science on the planet volunteers should…
- Be comfortable working with people of all backgrounds, ages, and levels of familiarity with science
- Have excellent communication skills (computer skills are a plus)
- Exhibit dedication, commitment, reliability, flexibility and professionalism
- Have a background in science or a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Be at least 16 years old
Volunteer benefits include…
- A welcome orientation, with food and networking opportunities
- A World Science Festival volunteer t-shirt
- Involvement in an amazing line-up of science lectures, demonstrations and events
- Free admission to select WSF programs (based on availability)
- A wrap party with pizza, prizes, and appearances from WSF staff
- An official Certificate of Completion of volunteer services (upon request)
The World Science Festival is so important to science that people have been know to travel thousands of miles to participate. If you're reading this, you probably live within a subway's ride of every event. Click here to volunteer. Contact volunteers@
Do not volunteer for anything on Thursday, May 30 since that is the day of the Midwood Science Fair. Juniors will be awarded +2 points of extra credit for each day they volunteer. Seniors will receive +5 points of regular credit.