The Joint Science and Technology Institute (JSTI) is a two-week, fully-funded, residential STEM research program for current high school students sponsored by the US Army Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). Students will participate in research projects mentored by Department of Defense research scientists and other subject matter experts. The purpose of the program is to inspire and encourage students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields, increase STEM literacy, and expose students to the importance of STEM through hands-on, relevant research. All expenses are paid for the students, including travel to and from the program location in Aberdeen, Maryland.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be age 15 by July 1, 2017
- Must be entering the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the 2017–18 academic year
- Must have a submitted reference to be considered. Reference requests are sent automatically from your application submission.
- Must be willing to follow all program and safety instructions
- Must be able to participate in all activities for the full program period, July 22 to August 4, 2017
All students are encouraged to apply, regardless of GPA. A diverse group of students will be selected. High School students apply here. Deadline for applications is Friday, March 31, 2017.