The World Science Festival needs volunteers. The Festival starts Wednesday, June 1 and ends Sunday, June 5. With hundreds of jobs in 30 venues across New York City, you’re sure to find a time, place, and position that suits you. (Seniors, be advised that Friday, June 3 is Prom night.) Submit your volunteer application today. Volunteers need…
- an enthusiastic and friendly personality
- to be comfortable working with people of all backgrounds, ages, and levels of familiarity with science
- excellent communication skills (computer skills are a plus)
- a background in science is an asset, but a passion for learning and sharing knowledge is key
- dedication, commitment, reliability and professionalism
- flexibility and a sense of humor
The World Science Festival gathers great minds in science and the arts to produce live and digital content that allows a broad general audience to engage with scientific discoveries. Through discussions, debates, theatrical works, interactive explorations, musical performances, intimate salons, and major outdoor experiences, the Festival takes science out of the laboratory and into the streets, parks, museums, galleries and premier performing arts venues of New York City and beyond.